Hiya! Thanks for checking in on my blog – I hope you are doing well and feeling fab.
This post is all about caring for coloured hair – so whether you regularly dye those locks or you’re thinking of taking the plunge and dying your hair for the first time, this post will have some great colour protection tips for you.
The guys at Bblonde Jerome Russell very kindly sent me a full size (250ml) Colour Protect Shampoo and Conditioner to try out. Now, I know what you’re thinking “BUT WHAT IF I’M NOT BLONDE?!” This company may have blonde in their name and the majority of their products are catered towards the blonde beauties of the world, HOWEVER, their Colour Protect Shampoo and Conditioner can be used on ANY HAIR COLOUR. Whether you are blonde, brunette, black, red, ginger, green, blue, pink, whatever – these colour protecting products are for YOU!
So, what do these products claim to do?
You can purchase this shampoo & conditioner from Superdrug and the description reads:
“This sulphate free highly nourishing and gentle cleansing shampoo formulated with Colour Protect Complex helps to prevent fading and is suitable for all shades of coloured hair. Enhanced with a combination of Camomile and English Poppy Seed Oil this shampoo/conditioner provides deep nourishment for vibrant colour results. The result is healthy salon quality hair.”
I took these two products away with me on holiday to Dubai. I regularly dye my hair a dark brown/black shade, and constantly washing my hair and being in the sea/swimming pool and exposing myself to sun alot, I knew I needed a really good shampoo and conditioner to stop my hair drying out and looking unhealthy/faded.
I have to say, I was really impressed by these products. The smell is really gentle yet fresh and girly and my hair felt nourished and cared for after every use. I love the sleek black and gold package design and wouldn’t hesitate to re-purchase these products.
How do I use my Jerome Russell Colour Protect Shampoo & Conditioner?
My hair is naturally very thick and curly, and I regularly colour it, so I have a hair routine that keeps my hair shiny, frizz-free and nourished. Here’s what I use in the order of use:
- I’ll wet my hair in the shower with warm water then apply the Jerome Russell shampoo (£4.99) and lather in all over.
- After rinsing the shampoo I’ll take a generous amount of the Jerome Russell (£4.99) conditioner and start by rubbing it into my ends, then the midlength of my hair, then distribute the rest all over my roots and back down to my ends.
- I’ll leave the conditioner in for 3 – 5 mins to let my hair soak up the goodness!
- After showering and rinsing the conditioner, I’ll apply a small amount (you don’t need loads!) of raw, cold pressed coconut oil to ends. I purchase my coconut oil from Aldi for £2.99.
- Finally, before drying and styling, I like to apply a few drops of Ojon’s Rare Blend Hair Therapy Oil (£30) all over my hair from the roots right to the ends.
I find this hair care routine keeps my high maintenance frizzy hair looking healthy and shiney and my colour stays looking vibrant for longer.
I hope you guys enjoyed this review and I hope I’ve given you some hair care tips you can use in the future! Do you have any hair products you swear by? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to know!
Thanks for reading xo