I had a serious craving for a home made chocolatey treat last night, so I decided to get baking! I knew I wanted to tuck into some gooey brownies so I began searching through recipes online and came across a tasty looking recipe for Espresso Chocolate Brownies. They looked and sounded so good I just HAD to try it for myself, but I decided to add my own personal twist and use caramel in the recipe too! Keep reading to find out how you can make these scrummy treats.
What you’ll need:
- Non-stick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 100ml water
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of espresso
- Box brownie mix
- Chocolate chips
- A bag of Cadbury’s caramel buttons
For the icing:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 190g cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of espresso
- 2 tablespoons of water
What do to:
- Spray your baking tray with some of the non-stick vegetable cooking oil spray
- Pre-heat your oven to 180’c
- By hand, or using a mixer, mix together the box brownie mix, 2 eggs, 100ml of water, 75ml of vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons of espresso and the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and spread evenly.
- Push as many Cadbury’s caramel buttons into the mixture as you can fit on- and eat the ones you can’t fit on!
- Put the mixture in to bake for approx 20 mins. The mixture is done when the top of the bake is crisp and whena fork is poked into the centre it comes out clean.
Whilst that’s baking, here are the steps to making the icing: By hand, or using a mixer, add 1tsps of vanilla extract, 2tsps of water, 1tbsp of unsalted butter & 2tsps of espresso to 190g of icing sugar and mix until smooth.
Once the brownie is done, allow it to stand until cool completely before applying the icing. Once it’s cool, spread your icing over the top and allow it to set for 30 mins – an hour. You can then cut your brownie into pieces and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and try it out for yourselves! If anyone does try it let me know- I’d love to know what you think of it! I “accidentally” took 3 pieces with me to work today… No regrets! Enjoy guys x